Solution Engineer - Wireless
Are you passionate about technology and keeping up to date with emerging trends? A self-starter, problem solver, and natural evangelist? Put these qualities to work as a solution engineer, where you’ll have the opportunity to provide insight and help shape and deliver strategies to customers on the effective adoption and use of the ArcGIS platform.
- Participate as a core member of an account team in the execution of the sales process
- Become a subject matter expert of the wireless industry
- Be the technical expert of Esri’s complete platform
- Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to address critical business challenges faced by customers
- Define and deliver platform strategies to customers that align Esri’s platform with their business
- Provide platform configuration guidance and best practices to customers
- Present complex GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff in a diverse range of customer organizations
- A minimum of two years of experience with the ArcGIS platform using editing tools, performing spatial analysis, and creating geodatabases
- Familiarity with sales and business development processes
- Experience in technical consulting and conceptual solution design
- Five or more years of related technology experience
- Experience with DBMS technology such as SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, and Access
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts in addition to on-premise solutions
- Experience with apps such as Facebook, Evernote, Dropbox, etc. and capable of leveraging data from those apps and other web environments
- Experience integrating software solutions with other business systems including data warehousing, BI, CRM, ERP, and analytics platforms
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a small, highly-skilled team
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Experience participating in developer events (hackathon, hackfest, codefest, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot client issues related to Esri application deployment and system architecture
- Experience promoting software products and/or applications
- Experience designing and delivering mobile or location-based business applications
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise web applications or other web application development
- Experience presenting GIS-based business solutions to executive audiences
- Domain knowledge in the wireless industry
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top