Solution Engineer - Utilities
At Esri, our solution engineers are part of a highly-skilled team that helps shape strategies on the effective adoption and use of the ArcGIS platform. We invite you to use your problem-solving skills and passion for GIS technology to become an integral part of the utilities account team. We’re looking for individuals who are natural GIS evangelists and enjoy identifying and promoting strategies that will radically improve the way businesses address the challenges they face. You’ll work closely with a team that helps our customers take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and understanding hidden within complex business problems.
- Build relationships. Become a core member of an account team as you present, demonstrate, and support selling Esri software and solutions.
- Be the expert. Demonstrate your expertise of the utilities sector and Esri’s platform by leveraging your knowledge of configuring and tuning ArcGIS focused on gas, electric and telecommunication companies.
- Solve problems. Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to our customers by addressing the critical business challenges they face. Define and deliver ArcGIS platform strategies to customers by helping them incrementally grow business value.
- Tell our story. Present GIS technical demonstrations of proposed solutions at conferences or client locations. Understand how to design presentations for technical and non-technical customers within various organizations. Provide platform configuration guidance and best practices.
- 7+ years of experience using ArcGIS platform within a Utility or Telecom for network management, sharing and collaboration, configuring Esri COTS applications and performing spatial analysis or integrating with IoT systems
- Demonstrated experience in technical consulting and conceptual solution design as well as an understanding of sales and business development processes
- Experience modeling electric and gas infrastructure inside the enterprise geodatabase with an RDBMS (i.e., Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience integrating ArcGIS Enterprise and/or ArcGIS Desktop with other mission critical business systems such as outage management, work management, mobile workforce management, or distribution management systems
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts in addition to on-premises solutions
- Experience integrating software solutions with other business systems including data warehousing, BI, CRM, ERP, and analytics platforms
- Remarkable presentation, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Ability to troubleshoot client issues related to Esri application deployment and system architecture
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise web applications or other web application development
- Direct experience in the utility sector
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top