Solution Engineer - Technology and Development
Are you passionate about technology and keeping up to date with emerging trends? A self-starter, problem solver, and natural evangelist? Put these qualities to work as a solution engineer, where you’ll have the opportunity to provide insight and help shape and deliver strategies to our developer community on the effective adoption and use of Esri’s ArcGIS platform.
- Participate as core member of developer account team in the execution of the sales process
- Be the technical expert of Esri’s complete platform
- Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to address critical business challenges faced by developers and their customers
- Define and deliver platform strategies to developers that align Esri’s platform with their business
- Provide platform configuration guidance and best practices to customers
- Present complex GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff in a diverse range of developer organizations
- A minimum of two years of experience with the ArcGIS platform using editing tools, performing spatial analysis, and creating geodatabases
- Familiarity with sales and business development processes
- Experience in technical consulting and conceptual solution design
- Five or more years of related technology experience
- Experience with DBMS technology such as SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, and Access
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts in addition to on-premise solutions
- Experience with apps such as Facebook, Evernote, Dropbox, etc. and capable of leveraging data from those apps and other web environments
- Experience integrating software solutions with other business systems including data warehousing, BI, CRM, ERP, and analytics platforms
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a small, highly-skilled team
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, or a related field
- Experience participating in developer events (hackathon, hackfest, codefest, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot client issues related to Esri application deployment and system architecture
- Experience promoting software products and/or applications
- Experience designing and delivering mobile or location-based business applications
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise web applications or other web application development
- Experience presenting business solutions to executive audiences
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top