Solution Engineer Team Lead - Public Safety
At Esri, our solution engineer team leads are part of a highly-skilled technical team that promotes and sells the adoption of the ArcGIS platform in partnership with account managers and other Esri staff. We invite you to use your coaching and team-building skills, as well as your experience with geospatial technology, to become an integral part of the public safety solution engineers team. We’re looking for individuals who inspire and motivate others and who enjoy implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges businesses face. You’ll lead a team that helps provide customers the right solutions that take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and solutions hidden within complex business problems.
- Empower your team. Manage the technical activities of your team by working with account and sales managers to strategically lead all technical stages of the sales process. Mentor your team through active coaching, clear direction, and regular feedback. Cultivate a virtual team of solution engineers, strategic partners, and cross-divisional resources to support your team’s sales objectives and generate results.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for your own portfolio of clients to help cultivate deeper relationships with them. Maintain a healthy pipeline of business growth opportunities. Leverage social media to build your professional network. Participate in trade shows, workshops, seminars, and other relevant engagements.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes. Use whiteboard sessions to support visual storytelling.
- Be an expert. Clearly craft and articulate solutions to the business needs of our customers, highlighting the strengths and value of the ArcGIS platform, as they relate to the public safety industry. Pursue professional and personal development to ensure competitive knowledge. Support and encourage your team in their own professional and personal development.
- Deliver results. Successfully innovate and deliver solutions, demonstrations, presentations, and prototypes to customers, partners, and internal team members to meet the consumer needs in a timely manner. Establish time-driven goals for yourself and your team that are attainable, realistic, and have clear indicators.
- Experience leading, motivating, and coaching a team
- Deep technical understanding of GIS, the ArcGIS platform, and the public safety industry as they relate to one another
- Demonstrated knowledge of the public safety industry and new technology trends and the ability to translate knowledge into solutions for customers
- Expert in listening to clients, assessing needs, creating solutions, presenting, and visual storytelling across all levels of the organization
- Understanding of business cycles across the public safety customer landscapes
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, GIS, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of enterprise technical sales experience providing platform solutions to businesses
- Experience in coordinating technical responses/solutions for sales team
- Knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top