Solution Engineer - National Government
Are you passionate about information systems technology and keeping up to date with cutting-edge GIS applications? A self-starter, problem solver, and natural evangelist? Put these qualities to work as a solution engineer, where you’ll have the opportunity to show customers how they can manage and share information, solve problems, and improve decision making at the national government level. Help shape and deliver the latest advances in GIS technology in ways that improve government operations and deliver services to its citizens.
- Participate as a core member of an account team in the execution of the sales process
- Become a subject matter expert on the ArcGIS platform in support of the emerging business sales team
- Be the technical expert on Esri’s current and emerging GIS capabilities and play a leading role in developing and delivering prototypes to customers to influence their use of GIS in support of public policy, Congressional mapping, fraud, and geoanalytics
- Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to address critical business challenges faced by customers
- Define, configure, and deliver GIS tools and applications to customers that align Esri’s platform with their business needs
- Provide platform configuration guidance and best practices to customers
- Develop and present a wide range of desktop, mobile, web, and cloud-based GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff in a diverse range of customer organizations
- A minimum of two years of experience with the ArcGIS platform using editing tools, performing spatial analysis, and creating web maps and story maps using ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS technology
- Familiar with sales and business development processes
- Experience in technical consulting and conceptual solution design
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Five or more years of related technology experience
- Familiar with cloud computing concepts in addition to on-premises solutions including hands-on experience deploying ArcGIS to the Amazon, Azure, or a related cloud infrastructure
- Experience with apps such as Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, Evernote, Dropbox, etc. and capable of leveraging data from those apps and other web environments in a GIS
- Experience integrating GIS solutions with other business systems including data warehousing, BI, CRM, ERP, and analytics platforms
- Experience with database design and technology
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a small, highly-skilled team
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, geography, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot client issues related to Esri application deployment and system architecture to include configuration, deployment, and operation of ArcGIS Online organizational accounts and related Portal for ArcGIS technology
- Experience promoting software products and/or applications
- Experience designing and delivering mobile or location-based business applications
- Experience with web maps, templates, online content, map and data services, and online geoanalytics to include ArcGIS Online and/or Portal for ArcGIS technology (knowledge of Esri geocoding and advanced routing applications a plus)
- Experience participating in developer events (hackathon, hackfest, codefest, etc.)
- Experience with ArcGIS for Server web applications or other web application development
- Experience presenting GIS-based business solutions to executive audiences
- Domain knowledge in the national government sector to include public policy, fraud, and government operations
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top