Solution Engineer - Education
Are you passionate about the use of GIS in higher education? Are you a self-starter, problem solver, and natural evangelist?
We invite you to put these qualities to work as an education solution engineer, where you’ll have the opportunity to provide insight and enable higher education users to leverage the ArcGIS platform to its fullest potential for teaching and research.
Our solution engineers are part of a highly-skilled team that helps shape strategies on the effective adoption and use of ArcGIS. You’ll use your technical experience and knowledge of geospatial technology to become a thought leader and technical advisor for colleges and universities. You will have opportunities to innovate and create solutions using the latest advances of GIS and related technologies, while empowering next generation graduates to apply GIS to solve problems.
- Build relationships. Contribute as a core member of the education outreach team to develop broader and deeper usage of ArcGIS in higher education. Provide technical advice and curriculum coaching to academic program faculty.
- Be an expert. Be a technical expert of the ArcGIS platform within the education team. Be the subject matter expert about GIS teaching and learning in colleges and universities across a broad range of disciplines. Identify high-level technical drivers for higher education customers. Network effectively within Esri to keep abreast of technical trends.
- Solve problems. Demonstrate education industry knowledge and understand customer needs for solutions that require complex thinking and collaborative approaches. Encourage innovative implementation of ArcGIS technology solutions for teaching and research. Help teach and deploy ArcGIS in traditionally non-GIS disiplines.
- Share our story. Help craft scalable resources, such as workshops, webinars, and presentations, to help customers adopt best practices.
- Identify and develop. Be an effective listener. Identify and assess customers’ needs to ensure their success and optimal satisfaction.
- 7+ years of experience with ArcGIS technology and solutions
- 5+ years of experience in the education industry
- Relevant experience using current GIS technology and leveraging full suite of tools (ArcGIS Online, apps, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Pro, and other applications)
- Understanding of ArcGIS from an IT context (e.g., hardware, software, storage, security, networking, servers, databases, web services, virtualization, cloud computing)
- Experience managing and working with ArcGIS databases, data stores, repositories, and services
- Experience with cloud computing concepts and environments such as Microsoft Azure or AWS, and deploying ArcGIS via cloud or virtual server implementations
- Experience integrating software solutions with other education technologies including learning management systems and other business systems
- Demonstrated curiosity to explore the ArcGIS platform and apply technology to develop success around education customer use cases
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical education users
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, GIS, IT, engineering, or a related field
- Experience teaching and/or learning GIS-related subjects in online or on-campus learning environments
- Ability to build and sustain collegial working relationships with academic faculty at leading higher education institutions
- Record of publication in GIS&T literature and/or presentations at relevant professional and scholarly conferences
- Familiarity with career opportunities for graduates of leading academic programs
- Ability to recognize and mentor promising students for careers with Esri
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top