Solution Engineer - Defense - Installations
Do you have what it takes to impact the world? At Esri, our national government solution engineers work with customers to tackle domestic and global issues within the defense industry. You will be developing campus viewers, line-of-sight tools, situational awareness tools, preparing for operational readiness, integrating data and sensors for security activities, turning data into decisions, helping first responders prepare for and respond to disasters, and mapping just about anything. You will have opportunities to innovate and create solutions using satellite technologies, real-time sensors, the latest scientific and analytic tools, and 2D/3D visualization technologies, all within the ArcGIS platform.
We invite you to use your technical experience and knowledge with geospatial technology to become a thought leader in the development and application of ArcGIS tools to benefit our customers. You will work closely with clients to establish solutions to make them successful, broaden the effect of GIS technology to their business, and help shape the evolution of the platform by identifying new implementation patterns.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and understand customer needs for solutions that require complex thinking. Identify high-level technical drivers for customer organization and partners. Understand customer technical decision making, budgeting, and acquisition processes.
- Be an expert. Become a subject matter expert of the defense sector focused on installations, facilities, asset management, security, and indoors, as well as a technical expert of Esri’s complete platform. Scale technical understanding and grow through professional and personal development. Push the boundaries of current mapping technology for some of the largest organizations in the world. Understand the ArcGIS platform and develop solutions highlighting the strength and value of the platform as it relates to the national government industry, either as a stand-alone or integrated product.
- Deliver results. Successfully innovate and deliver solutions, demonstrations, presentations, and prototypes to a variety of internal stakeholders, customers, and partners that enable communication and drive the latest technology needs and development that benefit customers. Establish time-driven goals that are attainable and realistic with clear milestones and indicators.
- Build relationships. Become a core member of an account team that develops and implements strategic technical plans. Grow relationships with core software development, professional services, and solution engineering teams; management; partners; and customers.
- 5-7+ years of experience with the ArcGIS platform using tools, performing spatial analysis, and employing location data
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience in the defense, installation management, campus mapping, and/or asset security fields
- Demonstrated curiosity to explore the ArcGIS platform and apply technology to develop success around customer use cases
- Innovative mindset enabling the creation and demonstration of the right solution in partnership with our customers and customer technology
- Relevant experience using current GIS technology and leveraging the full enterprise suite of ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Indoors, ArcGIS for AutoCAD, ArcGIS Runtime SDKs, or APIs and interfaces to demonstrate Esri’s patterns of use
- Understanding of ArcGIS from an IT context (e.g., hardware, software, storage, security, networking, servers, databases, web services, virtualization, cloud computing)
- Experience managing and working with ArcGIS databases, data stores, repositories, and services
- Experience with cloud computing concepts and environments such as Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Demonstrated experience in technical consulting and conceptual solution design as well as an understanding of sales and business development processes
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- Remarkable presentation, interpersonal, and listening skills at the technical and executive level
- Ability to travel domestically up to 30%
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
- Ability to troubleshoot client issues related to Esri application deployment and system architecture
- Experience incorporating real-time information streams with existing GIS data and IT infrastructure
- Understanding and use of CAD, Revit, and other industry tools
- Basic understanding of artificial intelligence/machine learning concepts
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise web applications or other web application development
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top