ArcGIS provides contextual tools for mapping and spatial reasoning so users can explore data and share location-based insights. ArcGIS creates deeper understanding, allowing users to quickly see where things are happening and how information is connected. Esri’s Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation of the ArcGIS enterprise mapping and analytics platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful: 1) enable user success, 2) broaden the impact of GIS, and 3) push our platform to make our technology better.
In this position, you will work closely with clients to implement proven IT/GIS strategies for their platform architectures, help evangelize the utilization of GIS based on mission results and business value, and support the development of a multi-year strategic vision for critical clients.
- Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to address critical business challenges faced by customers
- Advance how Esri’s technology integrates/interfaces with our customers' vision and translate system requirements into software architecture and design specifications
- Leverage experience in the implementation of Enterprise Information System (EIS) frameworks and platform architectures from requirements including IT and GIS strategies, cloud patterns, security, scalability, and licensing
- Work closely and actively with customers and partners to identify, design, and certify key GIS workflows for the ArcGIS enterprise platform
- Develop organizational level multi-year IT/GIS strategies to assist with technology change and budgetary planning
- Five years of experience architecting, implementing, and administrating enterprise IT-GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS enterprise platform (desktop, server, and online)
- Five or more years of hands-on experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Runtime, and their associated APIs or interfaces
- Experience in platform architecture, solution design, project envisioning, planning, developing, deployment, security, identity management frameworks, cloud, and scalability
- Experience with Oracle; Microsoft SQL, PL/SQL; and/or other RDBMS and Windows, Linux, and/or other server environments
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented architectures and cloud hybrid configurations
- Professional excellence in technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, developing, and deployment
- Strong, persuasive communication and presentation skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas--both verbally and in written form--whether to customers, executives, or other technical or non-technical peers
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Certification for AWS Certified Solution Architect or MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or equivalent
- Esri Enterprise System Design Certification
- Knowledge of integration of other enterprise systems (e.g., ERP, EAM, CRM, SCM)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top