Software Engineer - Qt Runtime SDK
If you have a passion for APIs and SDKs and want to work with the latest technologies, Esri may be the place for you! We’re on a mission to hire talented software engineers who can help us find innovative ways to make Esri software reach new audiences. As an engineer on the Runtime SDK team, your responsibilities will range from designing and testing new features to communicating how to use the APIs and improving usability of the SDKs.
- Build great looking example apps and samples using the latest platform technologies and features
- Design APIs for new features
- Work closely with other internal product and development teams to comprehend and influence upcoming platform technologies, features, and tools
- Define and complete robust test workflows to validate product capabilities and ensure acceptable performance and reliability
- Assess product quality and release readiness
- Create user documentation and tutorials for developers
More experienced individuals will:
- Examine complex user workflows and define solutions
- Help further define our SDK product roadmap
- Lead and coordinate teams of engineers to deliver software products
- Assist with implementation designs and product architecture
- Analyze our current delivery process and suggest new techniques that will help us deliver high-quality features to our customers faster
- Knowledge of development on one or more of the following platforms: iOS, MacOS, Android, Java SE, Windows Phone, WPF, Windows 8, C++, QML or Qt
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand new technology concepts quickly and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
- Two or more years of commercial application development experience
- Ability to design great application user experiences
- Experience architecting and designing software products
- Hands-on experience with Esri ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
- Passion for exploring and experimenting with the latest developer technologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top