Are you keen on solving complex problems and creating the most efficient software development environment? Are you striving for designing and implementing processes, tools, and workflows that constantly make software development simpler, more streamlined, and more intuitive for developers? Do you possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity; and have a passion and love for what you do.
As our DevOps engineer you will sit at the crossroads of operations and software development. You will be supporting and working alongside a very talented cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies, and bring in prior experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to steer our DevOps initiatives.
If you are excited about 3D reality capture and models and you enjoy working in a diverse, fun, caring, and progressive environment, join us in our mission of developing the leading photogrammetry software worldwide.
What we offer:
- High profile team that is driven by the pursuit of excellent results
- Active ambition to become a technology leader in 3D reconstruction technology
- Passionate and supportive working culture
- Flat hierarchies
- Emphasis on team and personal growth through training and team development events
- Strong focus on company culture: appreciative, compassionate communication, enabling and embracing diversity
- Well-appointed office environment and equipment in the center of Stuttgart
- Part of Esri, a global organization based in California focused on GIS and spatial analytics to enable global change
- Attractive compensation and benefits like public transport, leased e-bikes, and fitness
Who we are:
We are an international team of young, engaged individuals who love to create professional photogrammetry software, turning cutting-edge research into value for our customers. Embracing a high diversity of skills and cultures, curiosity and an urge for excellence drive us. Municipalities and leading companies of the mapping industry use our unique technology for countrywide data production. We have built a strong reputation in the market-for us, this is just the beginning. Facing an evolving market and many fascinating challenges in technology, we need your expertise to help us get to the next level.
The Esri R&D Center-Stuttgart develops the software technology SURE, which is used worldwide to reconstruct 3D surface models from images and lidar. As one of the leading solutions in this domain, it focuses on high accuracy and large-scale applications like aerial mapping of entire cities and countries. The resulting data empowers various applications in areas like smart cities, infrastructure, 5G planning, change detection, environment monitoring, cadaster mapping, or VR.
In our software development, we implement recent research from Photogrammetry, Computer Vision and Machine learning into reality capture software. Our development language for the SURE engine is usually cross platform C++ (CPU as well as GPU)- as scalability and performance is important in our engineering work to be able to process massive datasets efficiently on workstations, computing clusters or cloud infrastructures.
- Build, monitor, and improve our CI/CD/CT pipelines
- Collaborate with software development teams to automate and enhance product development and release processes
- Work closely with development teams to improve workflows around build, test, and deployment of applications
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality and velocity of deployments
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
- Implement automation, perform maintenance, and extension of build systems
- Test tools and software to ensure both development goals and real-world use cases are met
- Design, document, implement, and maintain the operational components for various applications
- Collaborate with developers, designers, testers, and other stakeholders across Esri
- Optimize build processes for speed and simplicity
- Debug and fix build-related bugs
- Build and update third-party packages
- Support source code management and developer infrastructure
- 3+ years of professional experience as DevOps or back-end systems engineer
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Ability to work independently in a challenging environment
- An attention to detail and focus on maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team to achieve outcomes and meet deadlines
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: Python, C++, C#
- Excellent understanding of Git and software version control
- Good understanding of Windows, Linux, bash, and shell scripts
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with provisioning cloud infrastructure using APIs
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure
- Understanding of build/automation systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo
- Deep understanding of web, http, networking, security, scaling, and cloud native architecture
- Bachelor's or higher in computer science or related field
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana and cloud provisioning tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Knowledge of AWS products and services such as IAM, EC2, EKS, ELB, ALB, Cloudfront, Autoscaling, Lambda
- AWS certifications are a big plus
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.