Software Engineer (Defense/Intel)
You will be part of a team that influences lasting contributions for communities with the web and mobile applications you create.
- Solve and articulate complex problems through application design, product development, and user experiences. Location does matter--you will make it easier for people to visualize their data with location in mind
- Develop software used by people who are not software developers. Ensure the exceptional software you create influences them to be exceptional professionals in their respective fields
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- Leverage the knowledge of your peers to better understand business trends, customer communities, and technology adoption patterns
- Proficiency with additional front end development technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Node.JS, etc.
- An entrepreneurial awareness of how technology enables excellence within governments and organizations--you need to be interested in why we are developing software, not just how we develop software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understand the importance of software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, RAD, RUP) and software design techniques (UML, entity relationship diagramming, use cases, data flow diagramming); know how they impact the quality of your design process, team collaboration, and work product
- Working knowledge of databases such as MongoDB, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Object oriented design skills
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, computer engineering, or mathematics
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- HTML, REST, iOS, Android, Grunt, Node, AngularJS, MongoDB
- SQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, RDBMS
- Dojo, JQuery
- OpenGL or DirectX
- Web services
- Experience with 2D and 3D data visualization
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top