Software Engineer - Data Reviewer
As a full stack software engineer, you will design and develop software used by organizations across diverse markets and industries to ensure quality and consistency in their geospatial data holdings.
We welcome you to make a lasting impact on the ArcGIS Data Reviewer team, where you will help build the software that powers the ArcGIS platform support for rule-based, geospatial data validation and quality control. In this role, you will design and develop the software used by a large community of GIS professionals to power the operations of their organizations.
- Develop full-stack software capabilities in C#, C++, WPF and Python following industry standard design patterns, development methodologies and deployment models
- Solve complex problems with application design, data structures and language features
- Collaborate with development leads and product engineers to help build quality software in an Agile environment, including participation in Scrum interaction planning and review meetings
- Design and develop multi-threaded desktop UI components as well as REST services targeted for use by both GIS professionals as well as web applications
- Stabilize and fix defects for software features
- Demonstrate features to stakeholders and other subject matter experts
- Keep current with evolving capabilities of the ArcGIS platform
- Collaborate with other development teams within Esri for implementing capabilities across the platform
- 3+ years of professional software development experience, or 1-2 years with advanced degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- Experience with software development using C#, C++, Java, WPF, Python
- Competency in data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of SQL as well as relational databases
- Ability to own tasks and focus to drive them to completion
- Strong analytical skills and ability to articulate technical issues
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related discipline
- Experience working on an Agile software development team
- Knowledge of the ArcGIS platform, including ArcGIS Pro (or ArcGIS Desktop) and ArcGIS Enterprise
- Proficiency with enterprise geodatabases and multi-user editing workflows
- Experience analyzing large geospatial datasets
- Experience in developing REST based webservicesKnowledge of source control and issue management systems
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top