Software Engineer - Data Reviewer
Do you want to design and develop software used by a large cross-section of users across nearly all markets and industries? Are you a full stack software engineer capable of finding simple solutions to complex geospatial problems? Do you have a desire to make a lasting impact creating software used by organizations to ensure quality and consistency in their geospatial data holdings?
As a software developer on the ArcGIS Data Reviewer development team, you will help build the software that powers the ArcGIS platform support for rule-based, geospatial data validation and quality control. In this role, you will design and develop the software used by a large community of GIS professionals to power the operations of their organizations.
- Help design user interface components, working with product engineers and UI designers
- Develop and unit test:
- multi-threaded desktop user experience components targeted for use by GIS professionals
- REST services that expose geospatial data management and analytic capabitiles
- geoprocessing tools responsible for data transformation, analytics, and management
- Prototype complex software capabilities before implementation to ensure feasibility
- Keep up to date on current software development practices, technologies, and frameworks
- Create geospatial data sets to support development activities
- Participate in scrum interaction planning and review meetings
- Demostrate the capabilities you develop to stakeholders
- Work with product managers, product engineers, and other software developers to design and implement software features
- Stabilize and fix defects for software features you create
- Participate in test plan reviews to ensure testers have a test plan with full coverage on software capabilities you develop
- Keep current with evolving capabilities of the ArcGIS platform and design software in the grain of ArcGIS
- Build and sustain a support network on various development teams within Esri for implementing capabilities that may cross development team boundaries
- Exposure to or knowledge of the ArcGIS platform, including ArcGIS Pro (or ArcGIS Desktop), ArcGIS Enterprise
- Exposure to or knowledge of SQL as well as relational and spatial databases
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s or higher in computer science, mathematics, or a related discipline, depending on position level
- 3+ years of professional software development experience, or 1+ years with master's or higher
- Proficiency with the Esri product line, including ArcGIS Pro (or ArcGIS Desktop), ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, the enterprise geodatabase, and multi-user editing workflows
- Experience with Oracle, SQL Server, or an equivalent RDBMS
- Experience with data conversion/migration
- Spatial and relational data modeling skills
- Experience with JSON and developing REST services
- Experience working on an agile software development team
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top