Software Engineer - Cross-platform Apps
Do you like building native apps? Do you like working with cross-platform mobile technologies to build and deliver these apps quickly? Are you energetic and motivated and want to help build great mapping and spatial apps? Whether you favor iOS, Android, Mac, Linux or Windows, this fast-paced cross-platform team environment is the perfect place for an enthusiastic engineer to thrive in.
Powered by the industry-leading ArcGIS mapping platform, AppStudio for ArcGIS is the perfect platform for developer and enthusiasts to write apps that get the job done through their sheer focus, geographic awareness, and readiness to work. Come join the AppStudio team and create compelling native geospatial apps across a wide variety of platforms. We are looking for exceptional people to look beyond the traditional uses of GIS and continue to reach new audiences with Esri software.
- Collaborate with development teams to build new capabilities and support workflows
- Evaluate and provide feedback on new software designs through design reviews and implementation reviews
- Perform testing to assess product quality as well as in-field testing and customer workflow evaluation to confirm release readiness
- Work with internal product teams across the ArcGIS platform to understand upcoming features
- Write apps and samples to showcase the latest features and help author tutorial style blog posts to inspire other app developers
- Be resourceful and find innovative ways to resolve issues
More experienced individuals will
- Understand user workflows and develop software designs
- Design and develop highly responsive cross-platform apps that run on Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows
- Assist with software designs and product features
- Experience with ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong writing skills; capable of explaining highly technical concepts in a concise and cogent manner
- Effective time management and organizational skills with proven ability to deliver work, in teams or individually
- Passionate about making a difference by breaking down internal barriers
- Experience with Cordova or React Native or other hybrid mobile app development
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Proven ability to define, manage, and deliver mobile apps/solutions
- Experience working with and integrating with a wide variety of 3rd party services and APIs
- Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
- Constantly evaluating the mobile development landscape and thinking of ways to incorporate them into your work
- You’re a self-starter, a team player--you put the interests of the team and the company above your own
- You are open to the idea of working across the technology stack from front-end to back-end with a range of technologies, as opposed to wanting to focus on a specific area of engineering
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top