Software Engineer - Big Data
Work collaboratively with a talented team of dynamic and passionate engineers in building capabilities enabling our customers to make a difference. Develop and deploy robust backend technology to power Internet of Things (IoT) scale architectures. Join our team of exceptional software developers where you’ll design and build next-generation real-time and big data server software for enterprise and cloud users worldwide.
- Build micro-service components that, when combined, power Esri’s real-time and big data capabilities
- Design and build components that seamlessly run on-premises and on cloud platforms
- Work collaboratively with other team members within an agile software development process
- Participate in hackathon efforts, bringing new innovative ideas to future versions of our software
- Demonstrate latest product capabilities to stakeholders, prospects, and customers
- Strong foundation in computer science with advanced competencies in data structures and software design
- Programming experience with Scala or the Java platform and familiarity with enterprise integration patterns
- Working knowledge of Apache Spark including streaming and machine learning using MLlib
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Apache Cassandra, or Datastax Enterprise
- Good understanding of and experience with cloud computing platforms including Amazon EC2 or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of working with a source and issue control system, preferably GitHub
- Experience developing code in IntelliJ IDEA
- Bachelor’s in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or related field (master's preferred)
- Familiarity with DC/OS powered by Apache Mesos, Marathon, and Metronome
- Working knowledge of container technologies including Docker and Open Container Initiative (OCI)
- Previous project experience using deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or Caffe
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Familiarity with how to build reactive applications using the Play framework and Akka
- Knowledge of Esri ArcGIS or other web mapping technologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top