Software Engineer - ArcGIS QuickCapture (Mobile)
Bring your passion for field mobility and join us in developing leading-edge cross-platform mapping and GIS solutions that run on the latest mobile devices. We love making a difference and leading the way in developing innovative technology used by professionals in the engineering and sciences fields. Our new application, ArcGIS QuickCapture, allows our users to effortlessly capture locations, photos, and other attributes from anywhere, bringing them insights from the field that can be used right away for better decision making. It all starts with the touch of a button.
You will work directly with software developers to plan, design, test, document, release, and support ArcGIS QuickCapture. You'll also help customers get great results with these apps through interacting with them via demonstrations, conference workshops, and web communities.
- Facilitate the delivery of regular high-quality releases of mobile applications that address users’ needs
- Collaborate with developers, designers, and other QA professionals to improve software quality and functionality
- Understand user workflows and define user requirements through testing and analysis of software functions, user interfaces, and GIS methods and practices
- Test software to ensure both development goals and real-world usage scenarios are met
- Document features, workflows, and functionality for users
- Experience as a creator and user of field work data collection solutions, including use of both paper and electronic tools
- Experience and knowledge of at least one of the following: Survey123 for ArcGIS, Open Data Kit (ODK), GeoODK, ODK Collect, Enketo, Fulcrum, form.io, KoBoCollect, CSPro, iFormBuilder, ONA
- Experience and comfort working with iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS X operating systems
- Desktop, server, and mobile GIS experience
- 2+ years of GIS experience in a scientific or engineering environment
- Understanding of field data collection processes including GNSS receivers and workflows; knowledgeable of various mobile platforms and aware of capabilities and limitations for each
- Ability to work closely with the team to build quality software in a constantly evolving environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level (master’s preferred)
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top