Software Engineer - ArcGIS Monitor
Collaborate with a team to design and develop compelling solutions for Esri's ArcGIS platform users.
- Collaborate in focused team efforts through the design lifecycle
- Take initiative to solve complex front- and back-end problems
- Develop software used by people who are not software developers
- Ensure that the exceptional software you create influences them to be exceptional professionals in their respective fields
- Collaborate with other developers, engineers, and product managers throughout the development process
- Leverage the knowledge of your peers to better understand business trends, customer communities, and go-to-market strategies
- Evolve your programming language skills by staying current with complementary development languages, development methodologies, and software design techniques
- Experience with back-end frameworks such as Express and front-end frameworks such as React, Vue, and Angular
- Understand the importance of software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, RAD, RUP) and software design techniques
- The ability to work closely with a team to build quality software in a constantly evolving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s in computer science, computer engineering, or mathematics (master's preferred)
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Python, PowerShell
- Working knowledge of data storage strategies including SQL (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL alternatives (e.g. Elasticsearch, MongoDB, etc.)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top