Software Engineer - 3D Web GIS Front-End
Are you passionate about creating good user experiences on the web? So are we! In the past few years, Esri has put a large effort into making 3D GIS accessible and powerful for both consumers and experts, across all platforms and devices. We are dedicated to keep pushing the boundaries of 3D GIS and you can play a key role in our mission.
- Develop a scalable, testable, maintainable architecture for all widgets and interactive tools
- Design and investigate novel 3D web GIS user experiences
- Contribute to developer outreach with sample applications, presentations, SDK documentation, and blogs
- Work closely with a team of software and product engineers across the world in a highly interactive and creative environment
- 2+ years of industry experience in software development
- Excellent software design and architecture skills
- Professional experience with modern web technologies and frameworks such as TypeScript, React, Vue, webpack, npm, Sass, etc.
- Strong passion for detailed, innovative, and empathic design, combined with all-rounder design skills (interaction, UI, visual and motion design)
- Excellent communication skills--you can clearly articulate the reasons behind design decisions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequent releases and tight schedules
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, geography, design, or a related field
- Hands-on experience with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience in frontend test automation with technologies such as Jasmine, Mocha, Selenium, etc.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or GIS in general, with an emphasis in map design/cartography
- Experience with Agile software development methods (Scrum, etc.)
- Good spatial sense and intuition for the aesthetics and technical aspects of information visualization
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top