Use your C++ expertise to develop visualization software to understand data when proximity and location matter. Your work will help professionals reimagine the design and maintenance of critical infrastructure at city, state, and national levels.
You will be part of a team that influences lasting contributions for communities with the C++ software code you create.
Develop excellent software that extends the capabilities of the ArcGIS platform
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
Enable software users to be successful
- You will develop software used by people who are not software developers. Ensure that the exceptional software you create influences them to be exceptional professionals in their respective fields.
Develop yourself and others through teamwork
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- Leverage the knowledge of your peers to better understand business trends, customer communities, and go-to-market strategies
- Evolve your programming language skills by staying current with complimentary development languages, database languages, development methodologies, and software design techniques
- Two or more years of commercial software development experience with a fluency and passion for C++ (STL, C++ 11, Boost, Clang)
- Understand the importance of software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, RAD, RUP) and software design techniques (UML, entity relationship diagramming, use cases, data flow diagramming). Know how they impact the quality of your design process, team collaboration, and work product.
- Working knowledge of data storage strategies including SQL and NoSQL alternatives (MongoDB, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Object oriented design skills
- The ability to work closely with the team to build quality software in a constantly evolving environment with the capability to communicate verbally and in writing
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s in computer science, computer engineering, or mathematics
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- RDBMS (SQL Server, Oracle, PosgreSQL, etc)
- NoSQL (Elasticsearch, MongoDB, etc)
- OpenGL or DirectX
- Web services
- Master’s in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top