Software Development Internships
Put your programming skills to the test as you work alongside senior staff to design and develop the next generation of Esri's innovative software.
Depending on your areas of study and interest, you'll work on our desktop, web, mobile, 2D/3D visualization, imagery, or core server team.
This past summer, interns in Software Development worked on a wide range of challenging projects such as
- Developing a tool for debugging and profiling ArcGIS locators
- Building 2D and 3D web APIs for web applications
- Writing unit, functional, and integration tests for the Enterprise and Portal teams
- Applications Accepted: September 1–December 31, 2017 at 5:00 pm PST
- Interviews: Students selected for phone interviews will be notified by email on a rolling basis October 2017–January 2018
- Internship: 12 weeks starting in late May or June
Note: After the December 31 application deadline, we will begin providing regular updates to all applicants on a rolling basis. Please log back into your account to view application status updates.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD program at a university in the United States. Undergrads must be in junior or senior standing. We seek students who are majoring in computer science
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2018
- Able to complete a 12-week internship beginning in May or June 2018
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top