Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - Runtime Release
Are you a computer engineer, skilled software test engineer, or analyst who enjoys participating in the release of developer-focused software products? Are you passionate about testing mobile and desktop apps across multiple platforms? Use your dedication to quality and software engineering to advance Esri's cutting-edge ArcGIS software used worldwide. Your work will involve finding ways to break our code, developing and implementing new tests, and discovering ways to improve the product we release to our customers. Are you up for the challenge?
- Design, develop, and maintain automation processes/test systems and tools to assess product quality and release readiness
- Utilize the latest innovative test technologies to improve product test strategy
- Work with the product architecture/design teams to derive release testing requirements throughout the development cycle
- Design, create, and execute automated and manual tests as needed
- Reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes
- Hands-on experience with different platforms (e.g., Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS, mobile devices)
- A self-motivated team player with good communication skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to analyze complex problems
- You are anxious to learn but you’ve got these things covered:
- Understand and write code in C/C++, C#, Java, Python, or other high level languages
- Knowledge of or experience in the software development process
- A passion for software product quality
- Experience with QA processes, commercial test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests
- Bachelor’s or master's in computer science, engineering, or a related field, depending on position level
- Hands-on software testing or development experience with large scale GIS systems or client-server desktop, web, or mobile applications
- Understanding of the Agile software development life cycle
- Understanding of testing and scripting environments (shell or batch scripting) using Visual Studio, Eclipse, Qt Creator
- Experience with native application and mobile application development and testing
Bonus points if you have experience with one or more of the following technologies/tools:
- Jenkins/Hudson or other automation server
- Cross platform test automation concept and tools
- Commercial test tools such to interpret/analyze test coverage reports
- Git and GitHub processes and techniques
- GIS (even more points if you’ve worked with ArcGIS!)
Got a GitHub? Put it on your resume.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top