Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) Product Engineer-Mapping
- Redlands, CA
Are you a geographer, GIS/data analyst, data scientist, or computer scientist who has a passion or desire for building great high-quality commercial software? We are looking for individuals with a dedication to quality and software engineering to join our team and help advance Esri's cutting-edge ArcGIS software.
Your work will involve discovering innovative ways to improve the products we deliver to our customers worldwide, imagining ways to stress our code, implementing new tests, and even developing new test frameworks.
This challenging opportunity allows you to leverage your skills to design and build new and innovative software product capabilities.
As a member of the ArcGIS Pro team, you will work with a diverse group of engineers and developers to implement creative solutions to complex problems for general mapping, cartography, GPS support, and map service capabilities. You'll also learn best practices from individuals who have decades of combined experience building ArcGIS, a premiere GIS platform.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain test automation frameworks to be used by development and test engineers using C# as a primary programming language
- Work with a team of dedicated software engineers and product engineers to design and author test cases for unit, functional, performance, scalability, and durability testing based on user requirements
- Collaborate with software engineers, product engineers, and other stakeholders to build and test ArcGIS Pro functionality related to general mapping, cartography, GPS, and map service capabilities
- Assist in determining product quality and release readiness
- 1+ years of software testing experience
- 1+ years of experience using an application development language, such as C#, Java, C++, or Python
- A self-motivated team player with an interest in continuous learning and building software products
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, engineering, geography, GIS, mathematics, or related field, depending on position level
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, and ArcGIS platform technologies
- Experience with relational databases
- 1+ years of experience with software testing tools such as CodedUI, Appium, TestNG, Selenium, Cucumber, or related tools
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top