Software Developer-GIS Field Apps
Bring your passion for creating awesome apps. Join Esri’s global R&D team in Melbourne, Australia to develop leading-edge cross-platform mapping and GIS solutions that run on the latest mobile devices. This is a great opportunity to design and develop the next-generation of app building technology. We love making a difference and leading the way in developing innovative technology.
- Design and develop focused native apps the meet the requirements of a broad range of users
- Design responsive and intuitive user interfaces for mobile, desktop and web systems
- Design and develop cross platform app building technology
- Develop excellent software for use in field mapping, data collection, sensor networks, street navigation, and much more
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- Define user requirements; design and develop applications and APIs for devices and web based services
- Ensure that ArcGIS software meets real-world usage scenarios
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experience
- Five or more years of GIS experience in a scientific or engineering environment
- Two or more years of commercial software development experience
- Background working with the following technologies:
- iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Linux, Windows, Mac OS X operating systems
- Desktop, Server and Mobile GIS
- Experience with Web services, REST, C, C++, C#, Objective-C, Java
- A flare for user experience and interface design
- Object oriented design skills
- Understanding of algorithms and design patterns
- Ability to work closely with the team to build quality software in a constantly evolving environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level (master’s preferred)
- Must have existing work authorization for Australia
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
The Melbourne R&D office is based on St Kilda Rd with an informal and sociable environment, casual dress code and good work/life balance. In this office we develop and maintain core Esri apps. You’ll work will with the whole team, contributing to the next release of our products and be involved in all the daily activities of the product developers and engineers: daily scrum, agile planning, test driven development and video conference liaison with colleagues in Redlands, California and Beijing, China.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top