Software Developer - Web GIS API
Are you passionate about making good software? So are we! In the past few years, Esri has put a large effort into making 3D GIS accessible and powerful for both consumers and experts, across all platforms and devices. We are dedicated to continually pushing the boundaries of 3D GIS, and you can play a key role in our mission.
- Assume a leading role in the public API design and documentation
- Advise in matters of software architecture and engineering
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, simplification
- Evolve and maintain our build process, test automation infrastructure, and other custom tooling
- 2+ years of practical experience in software development
- Excellent programming skills in a modern programming language
- Strong background in software design and architecture
- Excellent creative thinking and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequent releases and tight schedules
- Master’s or PhD in computer science or a related field
- Authorized to work in Switzerland
- Experience with API design
- Background in computer graphics and real-time rendering
- Experience with agile software development methods (Scrum, etc.)
- Familiarity with GIS applications and technologies, ideally ArcGIS
- Knowledge of common web technologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top