Software Developer - Web Frontend
Are you passionate about creating good user experiences on the web? So are we! In the past few years, Esri has put a large effort into making design tools accessible and powerful for experts, stakeholders, and the public. We are dedicated to continually pushing the boundaries of GIS, and you can play a key role in our mission.
- Develop the UX/UI of a new suite of web apps
- Interact with users to identify and articulate their needs
- Research and apply state-of-the-art UX practices
- 2+ years of industry experience in UX/UI development including hands-on product design, team programming, and experience with building and shipping software products
- Strong passion for detailed, innovative, and empathic design, combined with well-rounded design skills (interaction, UI, visual, and motion design)
- Excellent spatial sense and a good intuition for the aesthetics and technical aspects of information visualization or cartography
- Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate the reasons behind design decisions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequent releases and tight schedules
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience with some of these web technologies: TypeScript, ES6, Ember, Angular, React
- Experience with CSS post-processing
- Experience with Accessibility
- Experience with Internationalization
- Familiarity with GIS applications and technologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top