Software Developer - Web Frontend
Are you passionate about creating good user experiences on the web? So are we! In the past few years, Esri has put a large effort into making 3D GIS accessible and powerful for both consumers and experts, across all platforms and devices. We are dedicated to continually pushing the boundaries of 3D GIS, and you can play a key role in our mission.
- Contribute to the design and development of the Scene Viewer, Esri’s front-line 3D web application, thereby defining a seminal Esri user experience for exploring and editing 3D content in the browser
- Interact with users to identify and articulate their needs
- Research and push the state of the art of UX practices
- 2+ years of industry experience in software development including hands-on product design, team programming, and experience building and shipping software products
- Strong passion for detailed, innovative, and empathic design, combined with well-rounded design skills (interaction, UI, visual, and motion design)
- Excellent spatial sense and a good intuition for the aesthetics and technical aspects of information visualization or cartography
- Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate the reasons behind design decisions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequent releases and tight schedules
- Bachelor’s in computer science, computer engineering, cartography, architecture, or a related field (master's or PhD preferred)
- Experience with TypeScript and other modern web technologies
- Hands-on experience with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience with Agile software development methods (Scrum, etc.)
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or GIS in general, with an emphasis in map design/cartography
- Knowledge of 3D tools such as CityEngine, Maya, Unity, Blender, etc.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top