Software Developer - Search, Geocoding, Language Processing
Do you love building things? How does building the next generation of cutting-edge geosearch and geocoding technology sound? As a geocoding developer at Esri you’ll leverage your creativity and coding ability to build geosearch algorithms that sift through big data to find things on the map.
Geosearch and geocoding are cornerstones of Esri software products. You’ll work alongside product engineers, developers, and users to create location-based APIs, geocoding services, and enhancements to Esri software in the mobile, desktop, server, and online environments.
- Design and implement efficient data formats and structures for large amounts of spatially-enabled data optimized for rapid search in different environments such as desktop and mobile
- Develop algorithms for fast and efficient data parsing, processing, and indexing
- Write, debug, and maintain software code
- Profile and optimize existing and new code to reduce memory consumption and increase performance
- Design and implement frameworks and APIs for integration of the geocoding engine with other Esri products
- Work closely with other programmers and product engineers on interoperability issues
- Write and maintain unit tests
- Three or more years of commercial software experience in C++ developing algorithms and intensive applications/frameworks
- Expert in C++11, standard library, Boost libraries
- Familiarity with location-based service APIs, Unicode, workflow design, system scalability
- Expert in common data structures
- Experience with search algorithms, large database indexing, parsing algorithms, large data storage and processing, high load applications, optimization, and distributed systems
- Background in natural language processing, machine learning, neural networks, Markov chains, and graph analytics
- Ability to work with multiple teams and to prioritize requirements
- Analytical problem solving abilities
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science or related field, depending on position level
Experience using the Qt graphical user interface development environment
- Knowledge in areas of statistics and lexical and syntax analysis
- GIS experience and knowledge of street addressing domain
- Familiarity with cloud computing and web-based mapping
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top