Software Developer - Real-Time 3D Graphics
Are you passionate about 3D computer graphics and making good software? So are we! In the past few years, Esri has put a large effort into making 3D GIS accessible and powerful for both consumers and experts, across all platforms and devices. We are dedicated to continuing on that path and keep pushing the boundaries of the possible, and we need your help with it.
- Improve our proprietary WebGL rendering engine in terms of performance, stability, and architecture
- Research and push the state-of-the-art in virtual world rendering for photo-realistic and data visualization purposes
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, simplification
- 2+ years of practical software development experience in the field of 3D computer graphics
- Excellent programming skills in a modern programming language
- Excellent creative thinking and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequent releases and tight schedules
- Master’s or PhD in computer science with a focus on computer graphics and real-time rendering
- Authorized to work in Switzerland
- Experience with agile software development methodologies (Scrum, etc.)
- Familiarity with GIS applications and technologies, ideally ArcGIS
- Knowledge of popular 3D engines (Unreal, Unity, three.js, etc.)
- Knowledge of common web technologies and 3D formats
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top