Software Developer - Real-Time 3D Graphics
Are you passionate about 3D computer graphics and making good software? So are we! Esri is dedicated to making 3D GIS accessible and powerful for consumers and experts alike, across all platforms and devices. As part of the 3D development team, you will help us develop technologies for the creation, visualization, and analysis of 3D data across the platform.
Join us in our mission to push the boundaries for visualizing and interacting with 3D geospatial data by expanding our rendering engine and implementing new visualization techniques.
- Implement real-time 3D rendering and analysis techniques in our WebGL/TypeScript-based engine, ranging from massive data visualization techniques to material shaders programming
- Collaborate with the Zurich R&D center on improving the capabilities of the WebGL rendering engine
- Research and push the state-of-the-art in virtual world rendering for photo-realistic and data visualization purposes
- Stay up-to-date with real-time rendering techniques and find avenues to implement advances in our software
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, simplification
- 2+ years of software development experience in the field of real-time rendering
- Strong track record of implementing advanced rendering techniques
- Excellent creative thinking and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequent releases and tight schedules
- Master’s or PhD in computer science with a focus on computer graphics and real-time rendering, depending on position level
- Experience working with popular 3D engines (Unreal, Unity, three.js, etc.)
- Familiarity with GIS applications and technologies
- Knowledge of common web technologies
- Experience with agile software development methodologies (Scrum etc.)
- C++ and OpenGL/DirectX experience
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top