Software Developer - Raster
We are seeking a synthetic aperture radar (SAR) imaging/radar signal processing engineer to join a project team assisting with the development of complex, state-of-the-art software systems for airborne and space SAR applications. You will be a part of a fast-paced, high-performance engineering team interacting with commercial, U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), and U.S. Intelligence Community customers; program management; integration and test engineers; and senior technologists.
- Algorithm architecture and conceptual design
- Develop, prototype, and test radar sensor models and radar signal processing algorithms in detailed high-fidelity simulations written in C/C++ and MATLAB
- Test, verify, and validate radar sensor and signal processing algorithm requirements and performance
- Work in a team environment to provide engineering support to customers through participation in project design reviews and peer reviews for all phases of radar/SAR development tasks
- 4-5 years of experience specifically in SAR image processing and/or radar signal processing
- Working knowledge of MATLAB and the C/C++ programming language (.NET and/or Python is a plus)
- Prior coursework or experience in areas of digital signal processing, probability theory, stochastic signal processing, and electromagnetic theory
- Bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, math, physics, or related field, depending on position level
- Familiarity with the National Imagery Transmission Format Standard (NITFS) and Tape Format Requirements Document (TFRD)
- Experience developing using Esri API
- Ability to perform software code analysis and reverse engineering is highly desirable
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top