Software Developer - Python
Have you mastered a multitude of software and web development technologies? Do you have a soft spot for Python? Our fast-paced team designs, builds, and maintains a modern and effective web experience that provides users of ArcGIS the answers they need, when they need them. Our mission is to deliver great online and offline content centered on our cutting-edge software products and their users.
- Architect and build a robust, performant, and flexible content publishing system
- Innovate, design, and develop tools that increase efficiency in the authoring, publishing, and translation of product content
- Design, build, test, and validate enhancements to websites
- Write clean, well-documented, high-quality code that meets accepted standards, ensures optimal performance, and achieves business requirements
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Assist with project estimating, planning, and progress tracking
- Implement methods that monitor health, performance, and usability of systems, tools, and sites
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with existing tools and systems
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues who have varying levels of expertise
- Stay current with complementary programming languages, development methodologies, user interface design techniques, and database tools
- Experience with jQuery and Django
- Comfortable with AngularJS, CSS, HTML, Java, .NET, NodeJS, Ruby, SQL
- Ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses
- Proven record of using design docs, in-line comments, code reviews, and testing strategies to write and maintain high-quality code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team
- Self-motivated and have an interest in continuous learning
- Bachelor's in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, depending on position level
- Understanding of Agile software development
- Experience with DITA and CMS tools such as SDL’s Knowledge Center
- Comfortable with GitHub or similar source code management tools
- Familiarity with search technologies such as Lucene and Elasticsearch
- Understanding of continuous integration practices
- Familiarity with web metric tools such as Google and Adobe Analytics
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top