Software Developer - Mobile App
Use your solid core programming skills and passion for programming to build new, exciting software products for handheld devices. In this position, you will be a key member of our development team and contribute towards designing and developing the next generation of Esri technology.
- Build software components that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Design and develop the next generation of mobile products
- Assist in bringing excellent software to the mobile environment such as field mapping, data collection, sensor networks, and street navigation
- Collaborate with other developers throughout the development process
- Two or more years of commercial software development experience on mobile platforms (iOS, Android, or Windows Phone):
- Have submitted Android apps to Google Play/Amazon AppStore/other Android marketplaces; iOS apps to Apple App Store; or WP apps to Microsoft Store
- Experience with object oriented design
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Ability to work closely with software developers, product engineers, and documentation writers to build quality software in a constantly challenging environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Familiarity with Esri ArcGIS or other mapping technologies
- Experience with data compression
- Background developing with GPS devices and/or navigation systems
- Experience with Hybrid Mobile App Framework
- Experience with OpenGL
- Experience with Qt programming
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top