- Use good software design and development practices for building applications that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Envision, design, and develop web applications and UI modules for imagery workflows
- User-focused development and work closely with UI designers to craft compelling user experiences
- Be willing to take on complex goals that push the boundary of the possible
- Leverage the knowledge of your peers and collaborate with other programmers throughout the development process
- 2+ years of experience designing, building, and delivering web applications
- Extensive experience with HTML, DOM, CSS, event model, and cross-browser development
- Experience with AJAX, JSON, REST
- Excellent problem-solving, verbal and written communication, design, development, and debugging skills
- Ability to work independently and in groups to effectively participate in the software development life cycle
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, geography, GIS, or a scientific field, depending on position level
- Experience building and using browser rendered UI components and graphics systems (SVG, VML, Canvas)
- Experience leveraging back-end APIs/frameworks to integrate server-side abilities into front-end code
- Experience with remote sensing, image processing, photogrammetry, and/or image analysis application development
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top