Are you excited about using your creative design and problem-solving development skills to build innovative and powerful web applications? Join our high-energy, visionary ArcGIS Enterprise product development team and help design the next generation of Esri technology for on-premise/enterprise and cloud deployments.
- Envision, design, and develop web applications and UI modules for large-scale deployment and management
- Rapidly prototype web applications to showcase new concepts and ideas
- Drive the REST API design, required for integrating the web application with the back end web services
- Create a rich developer-friendly toolkit to consume new server-side GIS functionalities, using the latest relevant techniques and best practices
- Apply good software design and development practices in daily activities
- Write comprehensive technical design specifications and support documentation
- A minimum of two years of experience designing, building, and delivering web applications
- Extensive experience with HTML, DOM, CSS, event model, and cross-browser development
- Experience with AJAX, JSON, REST
- Excellent problem-solving, verbal and written communication, design, development, and debugging skills
- Ability to work independently and in groups to effectively participate in the software development life cycle
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience building and using browser rendered UI components and graphics systems (SVG, VML, Canvas)
- Experience using REST and web service endpoints to create secure web applications
- Experience writing tests for testing web applications
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top