Software Developer - iOS and macOS Apps
Do you love to develop iOS and macOS apps? Challenge yourself at Esri and build great location aware apps that enable people around the globe to solve real world problems. We’re looking for smart, user focused developers to join our team and help push the boundaries on iOS and macOS while putting their mark on the apps of tomorrow.
- Build the latest apps for Apple platforms - from architecture to design
- Join forces with other developers and designers throughout the development process
- Understand user requirements—these apps have to meet real world scenarios
- Develop software for use in field mapping, data collection, sensor networks, street navigation, and more
- Solve complex problems with design, development, and user experience
- Be an Apple advocate within Esri and at conferences; help us grow our iOS and macOS development expertise
- Be an Apple enthusiast and a game changer
- Two or more years of commercial software development experience
- You are anxious to learn but you’ve got these things covered:
- Objective-C and/or Swift
- Developing on the Cocoa and Coca Touch platforms
- Object oriented design skills
- Data structures and algorithms
- App development issues related to performance optimization and caching
- Develop strong skills and best practices on the team through participation in design and code reviews
- All the other important things that will help you be successful at Esri: good communication skills, a team player who can also fly solo, and the ability to thrive in an environment that changes often
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, or mathematics
- Did we mention you gotta love iOS and macOS?
- Submitted apps to the App Store
- Prior experience building spatial/mapping applications or software components
- Experience with security and/or native hardware components (GPS, camera, etc.)
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: GIS, RESTful web services, Git
- Master’s in computer science, GIS, or related field
Got a GitHub? Put it on your resume. Have an app in the App Store? Tell us which one(s). Let us see your work.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top