Software Developer Intern – 3D Computer Graphics
The Esri R&D Center–Zurich is seeking skilled and creative interns for the research, design, and development of novel computer graphics methods and innovative 3D apps.
These internships are a great opportunity to gain professional work experience in a leading-edge technology environment. You will work together with senior programmers and product engineers to learn about designing, building, and testing software products for desktop, server, web, or mobile devices.
This is a six-month internship with a flexible start date and two weeks of vacation. The internships are full-time, paid positions i.e. we offer competitive salaries, and paid vacation time.
The Esri R&D Center–Zurich originated from ETH startup company Procedural and maintains a strong relationship with ETH Zurich to this day (ETH students can apply for an industrial MSc thesis). The Esri R&D Center–Zurich is located in Kreis 5, a post-industrial area full of bars and clubs which turned into Zurich’s technological epicenter.
- Master’s degree in computer science (or in final year of MSc study); PhD students preferred
- Strong background in computer graphics (incl. good knowledge of OpenGL or WebGL)
- Excellent programming skills in a modern programming language
- Good communication skills
- Authorization to work in Switzerland, the EU or US
- Knowledge of popular 3D/game engines such as Unreal, Unity, or three.js.
- Experience with VR/AR application development
Knowledge of common web technologies and 3D, BIM or GIS formats
- Knowledge of 3D tools such as CityEngine, Maya, Houdini, Revit, etc.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or GIS software in general, with an emphasis in 3D map cartography
- Hands-on experience with design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top