Software Developer - Imagery - Defense and Intelligence
You’re a developer, but are you a coding craftsman? We’re seeking enthusiastic and talented software developers with remote sensing experience to create next-generation imaging, mapping, and apps for defense and intelligence communities. Work on core development projects that are not federally funded. Esri continually integrates cutting-edge geospatial technology with the ArcGIS platform to meet the urgent needs of state and federal agencies, military, and private industry. This is an exciting opportunity to build geo-enabled applications that harness the power of radar, LiDAR, full motion video (FMV), and other remote sensing methods.
- Develop industry-leading software for National Technical Means (NTM) products
- Develop industry-leading software in common defense and intelligence formats such as NITF, TFRD, CIB, and MISB compliant video (FMV)
- Collaborate with software developers to integrate community toolkits and libraries into ArcGIS (AGITK, MSP, etc.)
- Develop advanced image processing components, algorithms, and APIs
- Develop advanced photogrammetric software components, workflows, and user experiences
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design and development and create great user experiences
- Bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. in computer science, geography, remote sensing, photogrammetry, or related field, depending on position level
- Minimum of five years of C/C++ or advanced C#/.NET software development programming experience
- Significant experience with remote sensing, image processing, photogrammetry, and/or image analysis application development
- Minimum of five years of software development experience working on COTS or GOTS software
- Experience in the defense and/or intelligence communities
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Experience developing using Esri APIs
- Familiarity with the NITF format and specification
- Familiarity with full motion video and UAVs
- Experience using ENVI, Socet GXP, or RemoteView
- Gaming development
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top