Software Developer - Imagery
We’re looking for a software engineer interested in working with geospatial and imagery data. We need your help to build products that allow server and desktop applications to work with this rich geographic and imagery data model. Join our team and work on challenging projects such as high volume image processing, LiDAR, feature extraction, full motion video (FMV), image analysis, and other remote sensing methods.
- First, we need you to develop industry-leading software
- Just as important: collaborate with software developers to integrate toolkits and libraries into ArcGIS
- You’ll also develop advanced image processing components, algorithms, and APIs
- Contribute to building advanced photogrammetric software components, workflows, and user experiences
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design and development and create great user experiences
- Experience writing software in C/C++, C#/.NET
- Experience with remote sensing, image processing, photogrammetry, and/or image analysis application development
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. in computer science, remote sensing, photogrammetry, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience developing computer vision algorithms or GPU-based processing
- Experience with manned or unmanned aerial systems, flight dynamics, flight planning, or GPS/IMU systems
- Familiarity with the NITF format and specification, full motion video (FMV/MISB), and UAVs
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top