Software Developer - Geodatabase
Would you like to help build data access technologies that allow server, desktop, and mobile applications to work with a rich spatiotemporal information model that includes features, relationships, networks, and topologies? Are you interested in developing frameworks for big data and distributed processing using Hadoop? Join our geodatabase development team and work on aggressive projects involving massive datasets, scalability, and a diverse computational platform.
- Work on solutions for spatiotemporal data access and management of large datasets that are persisted in a database or distributed file system
- Build software components that follow industry-standard modern design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Interact with other team members to develop robust software frameworks and solutions
- Three or more years of programming experience with data structures and algorithms in C++
- Knowledge of frameworks in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Familiarity with SQL
- Background in OO design and development
- Desire to research, design, author, test, debug, and profile source code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, or related field, depending on position level
- Windows programming skills including .NET, MVVM, and Visual Studio
- Experience with C++11
- Knowledge of relational database technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, SQLite, or PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with computer graphics concepts and techniques
- Previous involvement in a large software development project
- Academic training in GIS and/or knowledge of GIS/Esri software
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top