Software Developer - Front-end Web 3D
Join our team of exceptional software engineers to build new functionality for Esri’s 3D web products. The Esri R&D Center Zurich is seeking a creative front-end developer for the implementation of innovative user interfaces for 3D web apps.
- Contribute to the design and development of Esri’s default 3D web viewer in order to help define a seminal Esri user experience for editing and exploring 3D content in the browser. (40%)
- Conceptualize, design, develop and test innovative web app prototypes on top of our JS API for (1) demonstration on conferences and customer meetings, (2) prototyping vertical apps together with our solutions/services teams and business partners, (3) supporting our research activities with universities such as ETH Zurich or Stanford, and (4) creating educational web app programming examples. (20%)
- Work closely with the JS API and CityEngine software developers and product engineers in a highly interactive, creative environment; interact with users in order identify and articulate their needs; research 3D UX practices and push the state of the art.
- Minimum of two years of industry experience in a software development company, including hands-on product design; team programming; and experience with building and shipping software products
- Excellent communication skills - you can clearly articulate the reasoning for deciding from among multiple explorations
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, cartography, architecture, or a related field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet tight schedules
- Solid intuition and strong passion for detailed, innovative and empathic design; excellent spatial sense; all-rounder design skills (interaction, UI, visual, and motion design) for taking on multiple aspects of a project; good intuition for the aesthetics and technical aspects of information visualization or cartography
- Background in 3D computer graphics, and real-time rendering
- Experience in using Agile software development methods (SCRUM etc)
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or GIS software in general, with emphasis in map design/cartography
- Knowledge of 3D tools such as CityEngine, Maya, Houdini, Blender or similar
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top