Software Developer - Cartography
Passionate about building world class software that impacts the work of hundreds of thousands of people throughout the world? Join our ArcGIS Pro team and help us develop the best mapping software in the industry. You will be building software that lets our users create and publish professional quality mapping products. Designed for a broad range of users from professional cartographers to beginning students, ArcGIS Pro gives people the power to make and share maps that tell their stories – from maps that meet exacting government standards to stunning works of art. If you join our team, you will see the results of your work everywhere you look.
- Create an end-to-end ‘cartographic desktop publishing’ experience within ArcGIS Pro
- Develop graphics-intensive workflows for display, export, and printing
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- Build software that follows industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- 2+ years of experience building commercial software in C++
- Ability to work closely with software developers, product engineers, and documentation writers to build quality software in a constantly evolving agile environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience with C#/.NET
- Experience with UI development using XAML/WPF
- Experience with graphics programming, including printing and output
- Knowledge of Esri products or similar GIS or spatial software
- Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
- Experience with Agile software development using Scrum
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top