Software Developer - C++
Bring your passion for C++ to help us develop a cross platform GIS API that runs on the latest mobile devices using the latest compilers and C++ standards. This is a great opportunity to design and develop next-gen Esri technology. We love making a difference and leading the way in developing innovative technology.
- Build C++ software components that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Develop excellent software for use in field mapping, data collection, sensor networks, street navigation, and more
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- Define user requirements; design and develop applications and APIs for devices
- Ensure that ArcGIS software meets real-world usage scenarios
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- Two or more years of commercial software development experience
- Fluent in and passionate about C++ (STL, C++ 11, Boost, Clang)
- Object oriented design skills
- Understanding of algorithms and design patterns
- Ability to work closely with the team to build quality software in a constantly evolving environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level (master’s preferred)
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- iOS, Android, or Windows Phone
- OpenGL or DirectX
- Linux, Windows, or OSX
- Web services
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top