Software Developer - Business Analyst Lead
Are you an enthusiastic individual looking to help lead development of a system used worldwide by thousands of users and organizations? Work and grow a passionate and talented team of engineers to design and build a next generation software system that extends the ArcGIS platform with business analysis capabilities and provides access to a wide range of data from demographic to landscape.
- Lead the team of talented developers working on Esri Business Analyst products
- Participate and assist in creating software components that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- Assist in bringing excellent software to the users
- Work in a team environment to design and develop quality software products and components for the management, manipulation, and display of a wide variety of data
- Manage new initiatives through the full life-cycle, including performing technical management and overseeing implementation and adoption
- Perform management tasks, including workload planning, management reporting, and process improvements
- A minimum of ten years of software development experience
- Five or more years of development experience using Esri ArcObjects
- Experience with Esri products, specifically ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Enterprise (including ArcSDE)
- Expertise with standard programming languages and technologies (C/C++ and C#; Python; COM; .NET)
- Expertise with Microsoft technology (Visual Studio, .NET Framework, WinForms, WPF)
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS (Oracle or MS SQL)
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (Agile and SCRUM)
- Ability to master new technology quickly and to work in a constantly evolving environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse team
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field, depending on position level
- Working knowledge of Git, Microsoft TFS and Microsoft Project
- Experience with system design and UML
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture (SOA), client/server, and distributed system design
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top