Software Developer – ArcGIS Spatial Analyst
Do you want to help organizations make better decisions using Esri software? The heart of GIS is solving spatial problems using great software tools. Join the ArcGIS Spatial Analyst team and help us write those tools. We’re looking for motivated, analytic people to improve and expand our capabilities in a variety of areas, including distributed computing, various kinds of numerical analysis, surface analysis, spatial decision support, and interpolation tools.
- Design, implement, test, and document various algorithms and workflows for multidimensional gridded data (2d rasters, 3d volumes, 4d time series)
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems in the spatial analyst extension
- Build and ship quality software by working effectively with members of other software development teams
- Comfortable with multivariate calculus, linear algebra, and statistical methods
- Five or more years of C++ programming experience, including numerical/scientific/hpc programming
- Experience developing software for the Windows operating system
- Experience with GIS applications, image processing, or similar geospatial software development
- Experience working on a software development team, shipping working software
- Ability to rapidly learn new things on your own
- Demonstrated ability to work with non-trivial software development projects
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Master’s, or Ph.D. in math, computer science, physics, civil engineering or related field
- Parallel, multi-core, and distributed programming techniques including heterogeneous multi-core environments (GPUs + CPUs)
- Knowledge of relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, Informix, or DB2
- Knowledge of various software development productivity tools including leak detectors, performance profilers, coverage analyzers, etc.
- Familiarity with enterprise web development technologies and cloud computing environments such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top