Software Developer - ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst
Do you want to help organizations make better decisions using Esri software? The heart of GIS is solving spatial and statistical problems using great software tools. Join the ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst team and help us write those tools. We’re looking for motivated, analytic people to improve and expand our capabilities in a variety of areas, including tools for interactive spatial-statistical data exploration and data interpolation and quality of prediction improvement for better decision making.
- Design, implement, test, and document various algorithms and workflows for 2- and 3-dimentional data (vector and raster)
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems whenever and wherever they occur in the software
- Build and ship quality software by working effectively with members of other software development teams
- Three or more years of C/C++ programming experience
- Experience with numerical programming
- Experience with parallel computing in a multi-core, distributed, or GPGPU platform
- Experience with designing and building a functional and aesthetically pleasing UI
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new things on your own
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Bachelor's, master’s, or Ph.D. in computer science, math, physics, or related field, depending on position level
- One or more years of experience with GIS applications or similar geospatial software development
- Knowledge of various software development productivity tools including leak detectors, performance profilers, coverage analyzers, etc.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Understanding of software optimization and how it is affected by underlying computer OS and hardware
- Understanding of basic statistical concepts
- Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top