Software Developer - ArcGIS Enterprise / Pro C++
Our ArcGIS Pro team is working on creating server-side solutions that integrate with Esri’s ArcGIS Pro application, allowing organizations all over the world to solve problems and make decisions based on geographical data. This team works with professionals to provide parcel/land management solutions that solve workflows in 2D and 3D. We are a fast-paced agile team that works with the latest technologies and patterns using ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, REST based service functionality, and asynchronous programming.
We are looking for a C++ developer who will develop server-side functionality as well as be involved in the full stack of development of the Parcel solution, facilitated by our C++ object model and services architecture. This will also involve full stack development in the geodatabase, Parcel Services, and Layer subsystems as well as in the ArcGIS Editor.
What makes this position unique?
- Working with multiple teams
- Working on the entire stack of the ArcGIS platform
- Program using native and managed code
- Support real workflows for a real user community
- Create ArcGIS Parcel management capabilities for ArcGIS, utilizing C++17
- Build software that follows industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- Develop asynchronous GUI as part of ArcGIS Pro, utilizing C#
- 2+ years of experience building commercial software in Visual Studio using C++
- Ability to work closely with software developers, product engineers, and documentation writers to build quality software in a constantly evolving agile environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, or mathematics, depending on position level
- Experience with integration of web services
- C# with WPF
- Knowledge of DBMS
- Knowledge of Parcel Management
- Knowledge of Esri products or similar GIS or spatial software
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience in asynchronous programming using the Task Parallel Library
- Knowledge of MVVM application design pattern
- Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
- Experience with Agile software development using Scrum
- Experience with writing testable software
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top