Software Developer - ArcGIS Enterprise
- Redlands, CA
Would you like to help build data access technologies that allow server, desktop, and mobile applications to work with a rich spatial information model that includes features, relationships, networks, and topologies? Are you interested in developing an infrastructure for NoSQL databases that support high availability and disaster recovery? Join our enterprise DBMS geodata management development team and work on aggressive projects involving massive datasets, scalability, and a diverse computational platform.
- Work on building core data access and management technology to support ArcGIS relational and graph information model
- Research and extend ArcGIS support for high volume and velocity data storage and analysis by taking advantage of NoSQL DBMS technology both in cloud as well as on-premises
- Build full stack software components that follow industry-standard modern design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
- Develop complex software frameworks and solutions to help with variety of environmental, logistics and governmental challenges faced by modern society
- 1+ years of programming experience in Java or C++
- Familiarity with SQL
- Knowledge of relational database technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, SQLite, or Postgres
- Familiarity with spatio-temporal data concepts and techniques
- Good understanding of RDBMS system concepts and willingness to learn new technologies in fast evolving database trends
- Desire and ability to research, design, author, test, debug, and profile source code
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, engineering, or related field, depending on position level
- Windows/Linux programming skills including .NET and Visual Studio
- Understanding of cloud computing platforms and database services such as Amazon's Relational Database Service and Azure SQL Database
- Previous involvement in a large software development project
- Academic training in GIS and/or knowledge of GIS/Esri software
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top