Software Developer - 3D Visualization
- Lead the design and specification of a declarative format for 3D GIS data visualization
- Research, analyze, and push the state-of-the-art in 3D GIS data visualization
- Work closely with our international, distributed team of GIS and computer graphics experts
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, simplification
- Excellent programming skills in a modern programming language
- 2+ years of practical experience in software engineering
- Strong background in computer graphics and real-time rendering
- Excellent creative thinking and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequent releases and tight schedules
- Master’s in computer science or a related field (PhD is a bonus)
- Experience with agile software development methods (Scrum etc.)
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or GIS software in general, with emphasis in map design/cartography
- Knowledge of 3D tools such as CityEngine, Maya, Houdini, Unity, Unreal, etc.
- Knowledge of common web technologies and 3D formats
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top