Software Developer - 3D Visualization
Are you passionate about 3D computer graphics and making good software? So are we! In the past few years, Esri has put a large effort into making 3D GIS accessible and powerful for both consumers and experts, across all platforms and devices. We are dedicated to continually pushing the boundaries of 3D GIS, and you can play a key role in our mission.
- Contribute to the 3D data visualization specification across the ArcGIS platform (mobile, web, and desktop), collaborating closely with other teams to design clean and modern interfaces
- Research and push the state-of-the-art in 3D GIS data visualization
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, simplification
- 2+ years of practical experience in software development
- Excellent programming skills in a modern programming language
- Strong background in computer graphics and real-time rendering
- Excellent creative thinking and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequent releases and tight schedules
- Master’s or PhD in computer science or a related field
- Authorized to work in Switzerland
- Experience with agile software development methods (Scrum, etc.)
- Familiarity with ArcGIS or GIS software in general, with an emphasis in map design/cartography
- Knowledge of 3D tools such as CityEngine, Maya, Houdini, Unity, Unreal, etc.
- Knowledge of common web technologies and 3D formats
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top