Calling creative and innovative product designers! Join the Location Analytics team in our R&D division and work with product managers, engineers, and user researchers to capture project design requirements. You’ll work alongside team members to design how users interact with our software products. Designers are expected to design user flows all the way down to the fine details, including exception handling and individual UI widgets, working with guidance and feedback from product owners and team leads.
- Create information architecture diagrams, user experience workflow diagrams, wireframes, proof-of-concepts, and interactive prototypes
- Create holistic design solutions that address business, brand, and user requirements
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale, and the specifics of user centered design process
- Foster collaboration and present cohesive interaction, design, and user experience approaches to a non-design audience
- Stay up to date with new technologies and trends in the web design space
- Manage a large body of work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience designing software product UX in an iterative development environment
- Experience identifying solutions that are outside of the obvious design space
- Ability to clearly and succinctly present UX design concepts and explain UX design thinking to non-design stakeholders
- You’ve worked as part of a highly collaborative team; you listen effectively, respect others’ perspectives and contributions, and offer and accept feedback openly
- Outstanding verbal and written presentation and facilitation skills, with the ability to quickly adapt the content to the audience
- Organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, and able to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced, often evolving environment (even if it’s always sunny outside)
- Stay up to date with new web design trends and technologies
- Solid knowledge of the requirements of the creative process including typical time and resources needed to produce quality work with efficiency on time and to specification
- 4+ years of experience as a user experience designer working on software products
- Portfolio of UX design work demonstrating expertise with a wide range of UX design techniques
- Bachelor’s or master’s in human computer interaction, computer science, or related field, depending on position level
- Background in software engineering to include writing code as part for your career, hobbies, or education
- Experience working client side as a UX designer on products at a software development company
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top